You must be familiar with a profession named stuntman. A stuntman has a crucial and important role in any action film. A stuntman will substitute the main character role when facing such a dangerous action. However, a stuntman is very required to be courageous and strong. Besides those, a professional stuntman is also completed with stunning skills and safety kits. All of these are needed to make the action can run naturally and smoothly without any unexpected incident.
As a stuntman, you will be given interesting fee which is suitable with your action risks. Therefore, there are many people who are interested to join with this industry. We have some tips for you who are passionate about how to become a stuntman.
Professional stuntman doesn’t only kill his fear. Without good stunning skills, the action cannot run smoothly as the director wants. Therefore, developing the stunning skills is number one in priority. Firstly, you have to be ready for all physical exercise. This treatment will be useful to improve your strength, agility, and endurance.
You can improve the physical ability by doing some sports or gymnastics. After being prepared with your physic, you can join a stunning course. You cannot improve your stunning skills alone. Therefore, following a stunning course will be much worth for you. You will be guided by an instructor who has been experienced in this field. Moreover, the supporting properties for stunning have been provided for you.
In the stunning course you can develop some common skills in stunning, like fighting, falling, riding, driving, water skills, and miscellaneous sport. Being completed with those skills, you can do challenging action naturally and safety. After passing the stunning course, you will be certified legally. This certificate can make you easy to apply for any stunning action sequence.
Besides knowing skills, as a professional stuntman, you have to master the lingo. Lingo is a special language or terms which have been code for this action. This lingo will make the instruction delivered quickly to the stuntman. These are the following lingo that you have to know as a professional stuntman.
- The first lingo is This term is usually used for falling and flying action sequences. Wirework means the ability of stuntman to use rigs, harnesses, and vests perfectly.
- Tumbling is also a common term that is applicable. Tumbling includes stunning actions that require you to handspring, shoulder rolls, somersault, dive rolls, round off back, front handspring, and anything which is related to roll and jump.
- You have to also know about high falls. This lingo requires you as a stuntman to fall safely. Even though you fall from a high place, you will be a safety because there are some airbags while landing.
- Swordplay also includes in stunning lingo. As its name, you will be required to master how to fight with sword, foil, and blade elegantly, naturally, and of course safety. On a swordplay sequence, you seem to like being stabbed or slashed with a sharp weapon but absolutely this is just skill you made.
- Housework becomes a lingo which is often happened in a colossal action movie. Your ability in stunning sequence will be challenged in horse fighting. Therefore, you have to know how to ride a horse elegantly. Besides riding the horse, you also have to know how to jump, run, and falling with a horse. As a stuntman, you will be directed to be defeated and fell down from your horse.
- The most popular lingo in stunning sequence named Air ram. You will be helped by a device like a compressor or hydraulic. Those devices will be effective to give a real effect in the explosion. You as a stuntman will be catapulted into the air as the effect of that explosion.
Those are some information for you on how to become a stuntman. You don’t need to worry about all of those stunning sequences. A professional stuntman will be always protected by professional and the most safety procedure. As long you can follow the instruction, there is no injury that can harm and hurt yourself.
Please leave a comment, give a rate and share if you like! Thanks 🙂
You might be interested in watching the videos below 🙂